What Can I Add To My Wooden Floors To Make Them Look Incredible?
Wooden floors are a popular choice for many homeowners because they are durable and stylish. However, over time, your wooden floors may start to look a little dull. But you don’t have to panic, if you want to give them a new lease on life, there are several things you can do! In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best ways to improve the appearance of your wooden floors and make them look incredible even after they’ve been part of your home for years.
How to Make Your Wooden Floor Shine & Last the Test of Time
Floor sanding can be a great way to improve the appearance of your wooden floors. Floor sanding involves the use of special equipment such as floor sanders which sand down the surface of the floor. This can remove any scratches or blemishes and give your floor a new lease on life. Floor sanding can also help make your floor safer, as some of the older types of wood may tend to splinter and crack over time.
While floor sanding can be a great way to improve the appearance of your wooden floors, it’s not always enough to produce the level of shine you may be looking for. To achieve the appearance or level of shine you desire, keep reading as we explore the best ways to add shine and improve the look of your wooden floors.
What Can I Do To My Floors?
You can add shine and create a beautiful finish by using floor sander accessories and wooden floor finishes. Our top methods include the following:
- Add a coat of wax: After using a floor sander, adding a coat of wax can help improve the appearance of your wooden floors by giving them a beautiful shine. It will also protect your wooden floor from scuffs, scratches, and stains.
- Add polish: Once your wooden floor is sanded, you can add shine to it by using floor polish. Floor Polish can restore a high shine and help protect your floor against daily wear and tear.
- Add tannic acid: Once you have used a floor sander, you can use tannic acid to improve the appearance of your hardwood floors. Tannic acid is a natural compound that can help remove any scratches or blemishes and give your floor a new lease on life.
- Add oil: Another way to add shine and protect your wooden floors after using a floor sander is by using oil. Oil also helps to ensure your wooden floor is water and dirt-resistant.
- Add lacquer: Another way to add shine and protect your wooden floors after sanding is by using lacquer. This will make your wooden floor extra shiny – simply make sure you pick the right lacquer for your type of wooden floor.
Sand Your Floor With Floor Sanders London
The initial floor sanding process is extremely important because it prepares your floors for the finish you will be applying, making sure you achieve a beautiful, professional finish.
Don’t know how to sand a floor? Floor Sanders London offers an easy-to-follow guide on how to do this yourself. We also supply top-quality sanding equipment, including floor sanders and floor sander accessories. This ensures that you have the best possible experience when sanding your floor. We have a wide range of finishes to choose from, so you can find the perfect one for your floors.
What’s more, we offer weekend hire rates for short-term hiring and can also accommodate for weekly industrial and tradesman hire. Simply browse our website to view our equipment and hire what you need today.